Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DIY- Homemade Lip Stick

Good morning!!

So I am all about trying new things, and I LOVE DIY stuff to try out to see if it works. Recently my daughter and I tried out making homemade lipstick out of Crayola Crayons and Coconut oil!! I was so surprised because it actually worked and I love it!!

Now, I am not a lipstick wearer, but I found that this was the most affordable way to start trying to wear lipstick. I have always wanted to but a tube of lipstick is about $5 so if your not sure about it, or what color you would like best this is the BEST way in my opinion to try out different colors! :)

Step 1: Gather everything you will need to make it. you need the box of Crayons, I chose the 64 because there were better color options. You will need coconut oil, little containers to put it in when your done. You will need little sticks to stir it up too! Oh and a measuring spoon! You will need a pan that you can put about a 1/2 inch of water at the bottom and put your stove to low heat.  I used the little plastic cups and just cut them in half to put in the bottom of the pan.

Step 2: Pick the colors you want and then peel the paper off the crayons! 


Step 3: Cut the cups in half, and then plop in 1/2 a tbs of coconut oil in each cup. I think nest time I will try 1 tbs of the oil though so its a little softer to put on more like chap stick. Feel free to try either, and let me know how it goes!



Step 4: Then break up the crayon and put it in with the coconut oil. You can wait for the oil to be melted or just add the crayons in, make sure to mix them occasionally so that it blends well.


This is what it starts to look like after you add in the crayons, oil, and mix it up!


Step 5: Once each color is melted completely, then pour it into the little containers (I go mine at Joann Fabrics) and put the lid on, wait for it to cool  & dry before using. Here are the colors we made!



Final Results! I think this color looks pretty good on me! hehe I NEVER wear lipstick so this was fun!


My daughter Jaden & I!! #Selfie!


I would LOVE to see or hear about you trying this! So comment below if you try it! :)

xoxo Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment