Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transformation Tuesday!

Hello!
This is Heather S. She took the Focus T25 Challenge!







"My biggest challenge was my busy schedule. I am a single mom attending nursing school, and I had a hard time trying to fit in time to work out and prepare healthy meals. But 25 minutes a day with Focus T25 is totally doable. I am now able to go outside and play with my kid without getting tired, which is my favorite part. Now I have him chasing me, telling me to slow down."


  
My Stats
BEFOREAFTER
Height5'7
Weight194152
Dress/Pants Size1410
Waist084
Hips092
Chest099
Right Arm026.5
Left Arm026
Right Thigh058
Left Thigh057.5
Body Fat %00
as-of12/19/2013
Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body?*Before beginning the program, I felt very tired. I was very active in sports in High School, but started finding myself getting out of breath going up even once flight of stairs. I knew I had gained weight, but didn't realize how much.
What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey?*I was out on a date with my boyfriend one night and he took a picture of me after we had seen the Blue Man Group in Orlando. I seen the picture and was completely mortified when I realized just how big I had gotten. After seeing this picture, I knew something had to change. A friend of mine was big on running 5k races around the area and tried getting me to join her. When I first tried running, I could only run (more like slow jog) for 1 min before feeling like I was going to die. She told me about her Beach body workout videos that she had done in the past that helped her, but I was skeptical and did not want to try them... I didn't think they would work for me, so I stuck to running every once and a while with no change in my diet. A few months went by and another friend of mine started posting pictures of her before and after doing a Beach body program and I started thinking "maybe this can work for me", so I bought T25 and the rest is history. I regret not taking b4 measurements.
What is the greatest challenge you faced before beginning the program? How did the program and Beachbody® help you overcome that challenge?*My biggest challenge was my busy schedule. I am a single mom attending nursing school and I had a hard time trying to fit in time to prepare healthy meals. I was grabbing fast food nearly every day and even skipping meals some days. I was falling deeper and deeper into a very unhealthy lifestyle. Mid way through my first challenge group I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had brain surgery. After finding this out, I lost all hope in everything and started eating whatever I could get my hands on because I just didn't care at that point. I had brain surgery 9/25/13 and two weeks later I started pushing play again. I was doing good at first, but started to slack off for a few weeks. I was tired and had every excuse in the book on why I couldn't do it that day. My coach was checking in on me and gave me the encouragement I needed to get my butt back at it.
Why did you choose this particular program?*I choose T25 because it seemed like something that I could fit into my schedule. I was right, 25 minutes a day is totally doable. When I decided to buy a program , it was on sale and that was another perk.
What in particular did you like about the program you chose?*This is the first TV workout program that I've ever done, so I have nothing to compare it to. I like how the disk set comes with a schedule that suggests which disks to use for each day. I'll admit, I didn't use the stretch one a whole lot.
Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody program. Which achievements are you proud of?*Well as you can see in the pictures I have shed quiet a few unwanted pounds, I am very proud of that. I am very happy to report that I was able to run in The Tough Mudder race that came to Central Florida in November, just 37 days after brain surgery. With out having done T25 before hand, I would never have had enough endurance to complete that event. I am able to go outside and play with my kid without getting tired, which is my favorite part. Now I have him chasing me, telling me to slow down.
How has your life changed since completing your Beachbody program?*I feel MUCH better. Turns out when you feed your body the nutrients it NEEDS, you not only get the results you are looking for, but you feel FANTASTIC. My only "skinny" clothes are big now, I just cant get over it.
How did participating in a Challenge Group help you reach your goals? How did your group support you and keep you accountable?The challenge groups helped me on those days where I just didn't want to do it. I seen all the other ladies in the group that have kids, work, ect... and they pushed through all of the obstacles and got their workouts completed. I thought, "if they can do it, so can I". I don't think I would have done as well by my self because I wouldn't have anyone giving me words of encouragement when I really needed it.


Contact Info:
Stephanie Lapinski
Email: lapinski.steph@gmail.com
Instagram: @stephanielapinski

No comments:

Post a Comment