Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pushing Through

Good morning,

So I have been doing great on this journey, but the weekends are the toughest for me. I think it has a lot to do with enjoying life and being able to relax and not be stressed out busy all the time. 

Friday for me was tricky, I worked out in the morning which was great, but had Dominos for dinner : / Now Dominos is ok, I only had a few pieces of pizza and I ordered the thin crust with spinach and veggies on it. 

Woke up Saturday, did not go and do Zumba because I was babysitting for a friend and it was my sister senior prom day, so I went and helped her with her hair. I did good eating though, had a fried egg sandwich for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a few chicken wings for dinner. Did no work out.... :( CRAP! 

Sunday, woke up bright and early got going and went straight outside to rake the yard, clean up and do some projects around the house. I burned almost 250 calories raking.. AWESOME! and ate pretty good again. 

Monday, didnt wake up to work out.. "Ill do it tonight", had a shake for breakfast, and lunch along with a couple bananas. Got off work, "i have to go grocery shopping.." Went, and got home at 6pm and had to make dinner. Made the best dinner of my life! and it was just under 400 calories  (recipe below). Got done eating, and worked on homework.. didn't workout... OH BOY

THIS MORNING!
Got up at 6am, worked out! did my TURBOFIRE 45 EZ and 10 Stretch! Feeling soo go this morning! and not as down as the last few days. I think this is a sign that my body is getting used to working out and getting used to the energy that comes from it.  I am posting a few tips for when you are feeling shruggish, that will help motivate you to get back on the horse! Shake for breakfast today, and a shake for lunch! Zumba tonight! Bring it weakness, feeling good will beat wanting to relax on the couch!


“Pain is temporary, pride is forever” – Unknown

“Fall down seven times, get up eight” -Chinese proverb





Recipe:

Lemon-Dill Shrimp & Pasta  MONDAY
ingredients
·         12 ounces frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
            1 lemon
·         8  ounces dried fettucine
·         2   tablespoons olive oil
·         3 – 4  cloves garlic, thinly sliced
·         6   cups baby spinch
·         ½  teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
·         Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Finely shred 1 tsp. peel from the lemon; set aside peel. Juice the lemon over a bowl; set aside juice. Cook pasta according to package directions.
·         2.Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic in hot oil for 1 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning frequently until shrimp are opaque. Add spinach and drained pasta; toss just until spinach begins to wilt. Stir in Italian seasoning, lemon peel, and 2 Tbsp. of the lemon juice. Season to taste with saltand pepper. Top with fresh dill. Serve at once.




No comments:

Post a Comment