Thursday, October 31, 2013

Is Your HEART Healthy?

Heart Disease: Are you at risk?

  1. Click on 'heart disease' in the column on the left side of the page.
  2. Click the arrow at the bottom of the next yellow box that says 'Click on the arrow below to begin the questionnaire'. 
  3. Read my reflection, and then Comment below sharing about your own questionaire and things you can do to lower your risk! :)

When it comes to your health you want to make sure you are doing everything your need to do to make sure you will not put yourself at risk of disease. Heart disease is one the big ones that you can prevent. Preventative measures might include eating right; exercise, not smoking, and many other daily things people do everyday. You can also get screened and look in to your families health history.
Taking the heart disease questionnaire really opened my eyes to see how easy it really is to prevent hear disease from taking over my body. My level of risk for heart disease was “very much below average”, this made me very happy to see I am in fact doing some things right. Some things that I found I could change to prevent heart disease even further is, eat more fish, eat more carbs, eat more nuts, lose more weight (around 10-15 more pounds?) and maintain that weight, and eat more unsaturated fats. About a year ago I started to change my lifestyle to a healthier one, I started doing zumba 1-2 times a week, and counting calories. This helped me lose about 10 pounds, about six months ago I started to add in more ways to better my health. I started only eating organic food, and have now started to east gluten free and only grains. I also started working out daily for at least 30 minutes. The tips I was given after this questionnaire really matched up with what I am currently doing in my life now. I will continue to implement, and keep taking the questionnaire as I hit different goals I have set for myself so I can see my risk level go lower, and lower.
I have been doing a very good job working out, I workout for at least thirty minutes daily using my different at home workout programs. I do a variety, these include Focus T25, Turbo fire, Insanity, Brazil Butt Lift and Body Beast. I make sure that I am not over doing it and if needed take a rest. I have also been implementing healthy food choices, organic food choices, and gluten free food choices into our house and have been cooking using these choices so I can not only better my health, but also my families health. I also like to teach my husband and my children about the importance of healthy eating and exercise.  Daily, and also eating healthier options.

When it comes to health I want to make sure I am doing everything I need to do to make sure I will not be at risk, especially for heart disease. Heart disease is one the big ones that you can prevent fairly easily. With my risk level I am confident that it will not go higher, but it will go even lover than what it is at. I am happy that my risk level is low, and that I am on the right track for lowering it even more. I know there are more things that I can be doing to lower my risk even more, but I think I am doing very good, and am on the right track. One thing I feel I may have a problem with is eating more fish. I do not like fish, and I find it very difficult to eat it. I will look into different options to replace having to eat more fish, or may find different recipes that will help me enjoy it more. I am very happy with my risk level for heart disease and am glad I am on the right track.

What is your risk level, and what can you do to lower your risk?

Do you want help to lower your risk of heart disease? Reach out to me, make me YOUR coach! We can lower your risk together! 
Next Challenge group begins November 11th 2013!

Contact Info:
Stephanie Lapinski
Email: lapinski.steph@gmail.com
Instagram: @stephanielapinski

No comments:

Post a Comment